- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Pare the zest of a lemon with a zester or vegetable peeler, avoiding the bitter white pith, and cut into fine shreds. Reserve a spoonful for final topping.
- In a medium sized serving bowl, infuse the olive oil with the lemon zest for at least 20 minutes. Cover with cling film to retain the aromas of the oil.
- Add the salt to the pasta pot when boiling and cook the pasta.
- In the meantime, mix the parmesan with the oil, freshly ground pepper, half the parsley and three spoonful’s of cooking water.
- Drain the pasta well al dente, pour onto a serving bowl and mix thoroughly with the oil and lemon zest until well combined.
- Add a spoonful of pasta water if necessary to dilute sauce further to a creamy consistency.
- Sprinkle with remaining parsley, lemon zest and serve immediately with more parmesan on the side.
I got this recipe from thinksicily.com