- 4 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil; more for finishing
- 3 large cloves garlic, very thinly sliced
- 225 grams shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 tsp. grated orange zest
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 400 gram tin whole tomatoes, drained and roughly chopped
- 300 grams Fresh Pasta (Fettuccine or Pappardelle)
- 3 Tbs. chopped fresh italian parsley
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for cooking the pasta.
- In a large pan over low heat, combine the olive oil and garlic. Cook gently, stirring, until the garlic is just fragrant and beginning to turn golden, 2 to 4 minutes; don't let it brown or crisp.
- Add the shrimp and zest; season with salt and pepper. Raise the heat to medium high and sear the shrimp quickly just until they turn bright pink, about 1 minute on each side -- they don't need to be cooked through at this point.
- Add the wine and let it simmer for 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes and cook until heated through.
- Set aside over very low heat if the pasta is not yet ready.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta for 2-3 minutes or until just tender. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water and then drain the pasta, leaving drops of water clinging to it.
- Add the pasta and half of the reserved cooking liquid to the skillet. Gently simmer for a few minutes so the flavours meld and the pasta can drink up the sauce.
- Stir in the parsley, taste for salt and pepper, and serve warm with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.
I got this recipe from finecooking.com