This is one of my favourites - fast & easy as all the best Pasta recipes are, but sensational combo of textures & flavour. The Tagliolini which is 3mm wide matches well with zucchini batons cut to the same width - visually pleasing & delicious! A great vegetarian option for your menu.
- 3-4 small Zucchini
- 500g fresh Cucina Artisan Tagliolini
- 8-10 tblspns Telegraph Hill extra virgin olive oil.
- 1/3 Cup grated Parmiggiano Reggiano
- 2-3 tblspns flour
- salt & pepper
- chopped Italian parsley
- Cut the zucchini into small uniform batons about 3mm wide. Place in a colander & sprinkle with salt. Leave them to rest & extract water for 15-20 minutes.
- Put a large pot of water on for the pasta & add 2-3 tblspns of salt once it's come to the boil.
- Rinse the salt off the zucchini and dry with kitchen towel.
- Toss the zucchini in flour well seasoned with salt and pepper. Tossing in a large plastic bag works well.
- In a wide based pan fry the zucchini batons lightly in the olive oil until brown and crispy.
- Cook pasta for 2-3 minutes in the salted boiling water.
- Drain the Pasta and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Transfer to a large serving dish & add the crispy zucchini to the Pasta. Gently combine without breaking the zucchini. Garnish liberally with the grated parmiggiano & finally with a little Italian parsley.