- 500 g Cucina fresh Pappardelle
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 eggplants chopped into cubes
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped italian parsley
- 2 cans plum tomatoes drained and chopped
- handful of fresh basil leaves finely sliced
- Toss the eggplant in the olive oil to coat and place in a casserole dish.
- Add the wine and garlic, season well and cover with lid.
- Bake in the oven at 180 degrees Celcius for 45 - 60 minutes until eggplant is tender.
- Remove from the oven and add the red wine vinegar.
- Let the mixture cool to room temperature and then add the shappot and parsley.
- Heat some olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat and saute the garlic until soft and then add the tomatoes breaking them up with a fork.
- Turn the heat down and add the basil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer the tomatoes for 10-15 minutes to reduce and thicken.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and a generous amount of salt once it is boiling and add the pappardelle and cook for 5 -7 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and turn out onto a large serving dish. Add the tomato sauce and the eggplant to the pasta, mixing it through so that the pasta is coated with the sauce. Garnish with the chopped italian parsley.