Not your classic Italian Carbonara but a quick version with cream
- 300g Cucina fresh Pappardelle
- 2 egg yolks
- 180 ml cream
- 25g grated parmesan
- Cracked black pepper
- 8 slices Lonza (dry cured pork loin)
- Extra parmesan for serving
- Cook the fresh pappardelle in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain and return pasta to the pan and place over a low heat.
- Combine the egg yolks, cream, parmesan and pepper and pour over the pasta.
- Return to heat and toss to coat for 2 minutes and sauce has thickened slightly.
- Divide the pasta into serving bowls and top with the sliced lonza and grated parmesan.
Recipe inspiration from Donna Hay book "no time to cook"