- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2-3 fresh porcini mushrooms, chopped (1-2 cups)
- fine grain sea salt
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 400 grams fettuccine
- scant 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 cup pecorino cheese, grated (or Parmesan if you like)
- zest of one lemon
- Boil the Pasta water. In the meantime, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in your largest skillet over high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and a big pinch of salt. Saute the mushrooms until they release their liquid and begin to brown.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds or so. Remove from heat and set the skillet aside.
- Salt the pot of water generously and cook the fettuccine. Drain.
- Transfer the noodles to the skillet with mushrooms, and stir in the black pepper, cheese, lemon zest, and the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
I got this recipe from 101cookbooks.com