Try this tasty Ravioli with a delicious sauce. Our sister company Otello's sells Guanciale which is dry cured Pig's cheek.
· 400 grams 3 Cheese Ravioli
· 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
· 8 Slices Guanciale diced
· 1 small onion chopped finely
· 2 x 400g tins of plum tomatoes
· 1 tsp sugar
· 2 cloves garlic chopped
· Salt and ground pepper to taste
· 3 Tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggioni
· Bring a large pot of water to the boil ready to cook the Ravioli.
· In a pan heat 1 Tbs of the oil over a medium heat. Add the guanciale until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel.
· Add the remaining oil to the pan over a medium heat and add the onion and garlic. Cook until tender then add the tomatoes and sugar. Squash the tomatoes slightly and cook until most of the liquid is released.
· Add half of the guanciale and cook for a further minute and then remove the pan from the heat.
· Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
· Add the Ravioli to the gently simmering pot of water and cook for 8 minutes.
· Return the pan of sauce to the heat and when the Ravioli is cooked add them to the sauce. Gently combine the sauce with the Ravioli.
· Transfer to plates and sprinkle with the Parmigiano Reggioni.
Recipe Idea From: Wine spectator.com